Monday, August 18, 2008

STEVIE COUNTS DOWN HIS TOP 5 GOALS

STEVIE COUNTS DOWN HIS TOP 5 GOALS
Paul Eaton 17 November 2008
Kicking off a week-long series of articles in which Steven Gerrard counts down his 'Favourite Fives', we ask the skipper to select his top five goals from his ten years at Liverpool.
Number 5:

gerrardevertongoal


My first goal against Everton in 2001. I always love playing against Everton, scoring against them and beating them. I had many dreams as a young kid, one of which was to grow up and score against Everton. I just love the games and I think it's because there's such a strong fear of losing because of the stick we'll get. That really helps get me up for the game. My first goal against them - at Goodison as well - is one I'll never forget and had to be included in this list.

Number 4:

gerrardalaves


Scoring in the UEFA Cup final against Alaves in Dortmund gave me the confidence that I could perform in the biggest matches. I was only young but I knew after that game that I could go on and score many more goals for Liverpool.

Number 3:

gerrardfafinal1


At number 3 is my first goal in the 2006 FA Cup final against West Ham. It came at a good time for us and got us back on level terms after going a couple of goals behind. It meant our dream of winning the competition was still alive.

Number 2:

gerrardfafinal2


I'm going to go for my second goal in the FA Cup final against West Ham in 2006. It was really horrible in the final minutes of the game thinking that I would soon be watching the West Ham players dancing around Cardiff with winners medals. That's why my goal was so important - it gave us extra time and the chance to go on and win it for ourselves. We had worked so hard on the day on a massive pitch in Cardiff and I had nothing left in the final stages - it was more a hit and hope than anything, and fortunately it went in.
As a kid you always dream of playing in an FA Cup final. It doesn't matter who is involved, you always watch it on the television and so to get the chance to lead the side out in a final, to score and then win the Cup is an unbelievable experience.

Number 1:

gerrardistanbul


At number one has to be my header in the Champions League final. It may have only been a close range header, but in terms of getting us back into the match it was a massive goal.
I think that goal gave us the belief to go on and save the game. At half-time it looked like we could lose 5-0 or 6-0 because we had been totally dominated, but my goal gave the players and the fans belief that we could still come back. That's why it was so important and the rest, as they say, is history.

Source : www.Liverpoolfc.tv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Video :

- Mediafire.com : part 0 | part 1 | part 2
- ifile.it : part 0 | part 1 | part 2
-Megavideo : gerrard five best goal

No comments: